60% of the ozone layer has been lost in 50 years
70% of the world’s original forests have been eliminated
Today, average eight-year-olds are better able to identify cartoon characters than native species, such as beetles and oak trees, in their own community.
“The truth is: the natural world is changing. And we are totally dependent on that world. It provides our food, water and air. It is the most precious thing we have and we need to defend it.”—David Attenborough
Cherishing Our Planet
What We Do
The purpose of the Cherishing Our Planet (CoP) program is to educate and increase the public’s understanding of the environment and restore damaged ecosystems. This initiative focuses on providing practical guidance and opportunities to support effective actions, such as protecting plant and wildlife habitat, planting indigenous trees and plants, restoring degraded soils, and protecting and restoring natural surface waters. This program also seeks to engage people individually and socially in order to deepen their understanding and appreciation of nature, and nature’s principles.
We are now planning for this project which will include:
- Educational events and seminars held at various venues, initially in Ontario.
- A Children’s Program: Educating and increasing children’s understanding of the environment and its importance.
- A program for teens, adults and seniors that provides education of global ecology and ecosystem health, human relationship with nature, sustainable practices and one’s personal role and responsibility as a global citizen.
- a healthier earth which will contribute to a healthier humanity both individually and collectively,
- a growing awareness of our (human) dependence on nature whereby one understands and takes responsibility for their role in nature and the environment.
- environmental projects which preserve and protect flora and fauna; waterways;
- the urban environment (eg. tree planting).
How You Can Help
Pledge to plant one native tree each year for six years to help save our planet.
Make a financial donation supporting Living Ways Foundation to kick start this program which focus on nature and wellness of our planet. Donate Now
If you have environmental experience and/or video, web design or technology experience and are called to assist a non-profit we’d love to hear from you. Volunteer Here